The History of Milton FC


Milton Football Club goes back a long way. Although old records are scarce, there is evidence that football was played in the village as long ago as 1898. Later records show that Milton FC were champions of the Central Village League in 1920/21.

The Central Village League restarted after World War 2 as did the Mid Northants Football League. In 1952 these leagues merged into the ‘Central Northants Football Combination’ with Milton FC being one of the 16 founder members.

In more recent times Milton won the Premier League in 1992, 1993, 1994 and 2003 as well as the Knock-out Cup in 1975 and 1992. Success for the reserve team includes Division 3 winners in 1974 and Division 2 KO Cup winners in 1994.

Milton FC has been based in Collingtree Road since 1970 when the ground was reclaimed from a sandpit at the club’s own expense. Developments included the building of changing rooms and clubroom. The club has a dedicated floodlit training area. The club currently rent the ground but is fortunate to have some long-serving members, for example Len Mackintosh has been secretary for over 40 years and brother Jim, Treasurer for over 30. The Management Team consists of Marc Wills, Andy Jelley (first team) and George Bashford who runs the second team supported by Jeff Davies.

Milton FC prides itself on being a very friendly Club with a family atmosphere. The licensed bar is open on matchdays, training sessions and some Sundays. The Clubroom can hold around 80 people and is available for hire for parties and special occasions .at very competitive rates

The Club would like to thank current sponsors, Aspire Group Limited, Betfair and KAB Seating.
Affiliated teams are the Milton Veterans team and Milton Magicians under 17 team which both play on Sundays.

For anyone interested in joining Milton FC or for hiring of the facilities, the Club can be contacted on 01604 858145 (Secretary) or any one of the mobile numbers: 07941 245735, 07793 534778, 07817 384428, 07790 365449.